The Thanksgiving Top Ten

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. 

Psalm 9:1

So in honor of my Jesus and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are the top ten things I'm grateful for!

10. I'm thankful for morning hot showers! Without these, I don't believe I would ever get out of bed!!!  Besides, there are many across the world who don't have this luxury. 

9. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day's Parade!  I love watching this every year as I smell the turkey cooking in the kitchen!!  And this year, Beth is, at least, somewhat interested in watching it with me.  And yes, that is my foot poking her to get her to look at the camera as I sit lazily on the couch in my sweat pants and sweat shirt :-)


8. I'm thankful for my job - English teacher and speech coach.  I'm thankful God has entrusted this mission field to me and works through me in the lives of so many.

7. I'm thankful for my church!  What an amazing family of believers we belong to!

6. I'm thankful for The Carpenter's Shop!  This is Beth's Christian daycare/preschool.  We had a lot of problems with her and the first place we had her staying. The Carpenter's Shop was an answer to prayer!  I feel like I finally have the help I need as a working mom to raise my daughter right, AMEN!

5. I'm thankful to have a roof over our heads, for the means to keep it.  In this economy, this is a huge blessing!

4. I'm thankful for my Angel Baby. Yes, for that small life that lasted only 8 weeks and then left us for heaven.  Oh Angel, how you've changed me, us, and others.  Your life has meant, and will continue to mean, so much to everyone!

3. I'm thankful for a loving husband! Especially one that can cook!! I'm blessed!!! Oh, in this pic, I should explain.  Every year, I make Michael pretend the turkey is flying away. My mom always did this with me, and I wanted Beth to have that memory. :-)



2. I'm thankful for my daughter Beth Grace.  My blond haired, blue eyed, independent, strong-willed, always happy, always full  of energy, cutie pie!  And ever the big helper...


1. I'm thankful for rainbow babies :-) An answer to prayer!  Thank you Jesus!!

Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE!  Don't forget to count your blessings!

1 comment: