Halloween

It - that weekend - was a little crazy! 

Saturday, I was at a speech and debate tournament - these events always sap my energy.  Sunday, we went to church and then went to a trunk-or-treat that afternoon.  All that means, my housework that I usually get done on the weekend, well, a lot of it didn't get done.  THEN on Halloween - Monday night after working all day - we went trick-or-treating at a friend's house.

Just typing all that made me tired! 

I should have cut back on something somewhere in that weekend.  Probably shouldn't have went trunk-or-treating on Sunday or trick-or-treating on Monday.

I'm learning about balance and how to achieve it in my life - it's that current weight loss bible study that I'm doing. (FYI - I've lost 20 pounds since I've started Weight Watchers and that bible study) Anyway, what I've learned is that even good things sometimes have to be cut out to maintain sanity and a general peace instead of chaos in my life.

I'm working on that. In theory, it sounds great.  In practice... well, I need more practice :-)

In the meantime, I enjoy the pictures from my weekend I call controlled chaos.

Hope you had a Happy Halloween!


my beautiful butterfly


sassy Cinderella


She looks as tired as I felt at that moment!

2 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful Jamie! I love their costumes!

    I must learn balance too. It is easier said than done when you want nothing more than to make happy, long lasting memories for these precious children.

    Take care and try to take a moment for yourself every now and then.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those kids! Hope you're doing good Jamie!

    ReplyDelete