defense

Hannah is sleeping soundly.  That's good.  She's been fighting a nasty cold that got the best of her on Friday night when she got a temp of 103.3.  After I finally got the pediatrician to give me the antibiotics, complete with breathing treatments, that I KNEW last Tuesday she was going to need - that's a story for another post - she has since been on the mend.

I'm home from church today with Hannah.  Michael took Beth to church.  And so, it's quiet now.  And I'm reflective.

I've been sooo tired and worn out lately, and that doesn't make for a happy mommy.  How do we fix this?  Well, Michael and I talked about him finding a different job.  A job closer to home.  A job where he'd be done by 5:00 and home by 5:30 instead of 7 or 7:30 at night.  I think just having him home with me to help with the kids and the house those two hours would work wonders for me - physically, mentally, emotionally.

My zone defense sucks.  Translation: It's hard to keep both girls happy at the same time - especially when Hannah starts going down hill around 6pm.  So - to continue with the basketball analogy - if we could play man on man defense with the kids in the afternoon, I think I'd be in a better place right now.

So, pray! PRAY! 

Pray, first, the hubby gets more self-motivation to get out there and hit the pavement for this new job I'm sure God has for him out there.  Then pray that it reveals itself quickly!  Because by the end of the day, my back is killing me and all I want to do is sleep - and eat.  Which, eat is not a good thing given the last 10 pregnancy pounds I'm desperately trying to shed. 

And thank you for the prayers - even if it's just a really quick one right now as you finish reading this post.

((hugz))

Quick Update on New Year's Resolutions/Goals:

1. Lose weight with Lose It! - I've lost close to four pounds in two weeks using this app on my new cool phone, so this is going well.
2. Make extra money easily - My new love is ebay!  I sold a package of 9 plain white onesies that Hannah had never work for $18!  I'm totally addicted to this, and I can't wait to sell more stuff at our church consignment sale. And if it doesn't sell there, it's all going on ebay! ;-)
3. Stay in balance - I really need my quiet time to get more consistent. However, with a baby who thinks 4am is the time to get up for the day, it's hard.  Please pray she at least sleeps until 6am.  PLEASE!

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for things to work out for ou and your family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly pray that things improve as fast as God can help them improve :) (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet you and your precious family are in my prayers!!! I am so glad that Hannah is feeling better and I'm sorry she was so sick. That is always hard on a mama's heart.

    Thank you so much for your prayers for my neck. The Lord heard them and has begun to heal it. I am still hurting, but I am so much better. Thank you, my friend!

    Lot's of love to you and your family!
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete