praying for peace

Peace.  That was today's topic in our Sunday school class.

I left there knowing why I don't have a "peace which passeth all understanding " regarding just everything that  is stressing me out lately.

Pillipians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I live my life in opposition to this verse.  I am "careful" about everything (I worry).  I do not pray enough; I do not thank God enough for what I have - what He has given me. 

I also don't have peace because I don't ask for it. 

Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

And that is why I don't have peace.  This is why I fret and worry about our church and about my work.

Then the answer seems simple enough, right?  Do these things, Jamie!  Do not worry. Pray with thanksgiving. Ask! Seek! Knock!

Why don't I do these things? 

Truth? I am a control freak.  God is slowly breaking me of this.  He has been since I became a Christian in 1995.  And, He's putting me through the grind again.  It's the grind that chips away my plans and desires and forces me to trust in His plans and desires and to wait on Him.

This is hard for me.  To give things over to God to handle.  HARD! 

But I have to do it.  For me, for mine, for Him.

Now!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment