living in the swamp

You have heard this expression: "I'm swamped!" Meaning, I have more than I can handle right now, so I feel stuck. I feel yucky.  I feel like I'm trying to swim, but I am swimmin in this...


Not good.

This is why I haven't posted much lately.  I'm swimming through life right now, and life looks and feels like the above photo. 

The biggest problem right now is work.  Yes, I am taking a step back from speech, but I'm still having to fulfill certain obligations.  I can't "abandon ship" - so to speak.  So, there is that.  Then, there is the reality that all good English teachers struggle with - grading.  I got so behind on grading essays because of speech and debate that I'm WAY behind.  Trying to catch up on that is like trying to swim in a swamp - FOR SURE!  In addition to these things, I'm teaching two new novels - one to my sophomores and one to my juniors - at the same time!  Why did I do that to myself?!!?

I'm counting down to Christmas break and that freeing feeling that comes when grades have been exported and I get to relax and enjoy me, mine, and my God!  When I get to enjoy the no papers to grade or lessons to prep freeing feeling that comes with a break between semesters.  It's a bit of summer all over again!  Summer in the winter!! :-)

I found this scripture in my quiet time today.  Ecclesiastes 3:12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.

Be happy. Do good.  Find satisfaction in my toil (work).  Goals for 2013. 

I see it... the light at the end of the tunnel, or in this case, the light breaking through the trees and into the swamp. :-)


How is swimming for you lately?

((hugz))

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm playing catch-up on your blog...and (not that this is news) still in the swamp. :-(

    ReplyDelete