CHILL OUT!

So the potty training thing has kicked my butt.  Is still kicking my butt.

Many MANY accidents lately and very few pee pees making it to the potty!

I've let this kick my butt - mentally, emotionally, physically.  That's my fault.  Hannah's successes with it AND her failures become my own as a mother each time she pees (or doesn't) in the potty. 

What's up with that?!

I do this to myself.  I analyze and over analyze and look for "fixes" because I'm a perfectionist.

Hello. My name is Jamie, and I'm a perfectionist. (she says guiltily with raised hand) 

Life is messy, ya'll. I just need to learn to embrace that, do my best, and move on! 

Especially when it comes to my children.

A friend of mine just Facebooked me this:

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.-
from: Song for a Fifth Child

I've heard it before, but I guess it's something that I need to read often. To remind myself of what really matters in this short, fleeting life - the gifts God has given me.

That or I need to locate some serious chill pills! LOL

Today's forget-me-not: CHILL! OUT!!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment