About Forget-me-not, Oh Lord!

Hebrews 12:1 talks about running the race marked out for us, and what a race it has been thus far - especially where my blog is concerned!

I created Forget-me-not, Oh Lord! in August of 2010.  I started blogging because I needed a space to work through my emotions after the loss of our middle child, Angel.  I lost Angel to an early miscarriage. I was only eight weeks along, but as I believe that life starts at the moment of conception, the loss was very painful.  You can read our story in this post: "Because Angel Lived."

Writing has always been therapeutic for me.  It offers a type of rest for my soul.

At its inception, this blog was public, and I shared it frequently.  After receiving some criticism for that decision (because the posts, at that time, were primarily about my loss and were uncomfortable for some to read), I stopped sharing my blog posts, and eventually, I made efforts to hide my blog.

But in October of 2013, I felt God prompting me to publicly share my blog once again.

The reasoning behind sharing my blog is simple: God has brought me (brings me) through so much, and if any of my observations can help even just one other person as we run the race of life marked out before us, I want that.  That is my heart's greatest desire for this blog!

My posts are my observations; they are my forget-me-nots.

Over the past four years, I have written about a wide variety of subjects on this blog.  Be warned! There really isn't a topic I would avoid. I write as I feel lead to write.

I write about my relationship with Jesus.  I write about my children. I write about pregnancy and infant loss. I write about my job as a high school English teacher. And I write about running.

I hope you find something here that will help as we "run with perseverance the race marked out before us."

Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.  For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.   

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment