The Color Run 2015


I did it again! No "oops" about it ;-)

For the second time, my daughter and I, along with some friends, ran in The Color Run - The Happiest 5K on the Planet!

Before the run! #nocoloryet
That morning, it was a bit cold.  This is why my daughter is all bundled up in the above pic. Because of the temperature, she was a bit moody at first, but she "warmed up" to the whole experience as soon as the sun came out.

I had a great time making memories with my big girl and our friends.  We took more pics than I could ever share on this blog!  However, there is one pic I absolutely MUST share! The Color Run photographers took a picture of Beth in mid-run, and when I saw it, I just fell in love with it!!!  

Intense concentration!  Future runner? 
When I saw that pic, this verse came to mind:

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, 
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I want my children to develop a love of being active. Hopefully that will translate into a love of running, but I'll settle for a love of fitness of any kind.  

I want them to also grow to understand the importance of friendship.  Developing healthy and fun relationships with others is one of the reasons we were put here on this planet. God wants us to enjoy each other.  I mean, Jesus had twelve friends with which he spent a lot of his time ;-) 

Besides, good friends are like family, and family is important.  You know they got your back if times get tough and you are ever in need. 

We had a great time with our friends; these ladies are like family to me!
Overall, we had a great time!  This is one of my favorite 5Ks to run/walk. I look forward to it every year.  Find out when it will be coming to a city near you, and sign up now!  I promise, you will not be disappointed!!

Memories were made in the three miles we experienced together...

Making our way to the finish line!
And this mommy and daughter had a great time!

#theend
Today's forget-me-not:  Consider what you want your children to value when they grow up, and start their training plan now!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment