Why?

Today, I'm realizing that the question "why?" doesn't really matter.   I ask that question often, "Why, Lord? Why take OUR baby?"  And, Oh Boy!, that question can take you to some CrAzY places!  You can blame yourself for something you did (exercise) or ate (bad lunch meat); you can blame bad chromosomes or old eggs; you can blame it on yourself (I must have done something deserving punishment)... the list goes on and on...

However, today in Sunday School we started this new series of lessons based on the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  And today, we were encouraged to just consider God - consider how AWESOME and BIG God is!  We were challenged to just consider how much that "being" loves us - enough to become a man in the form of His own son and DIE a HORRIBLE death on a cross - in hopes of helping us, sinful fallen man, understand how much He, our creator, cares for us!  WHOA!! Blow my mind!  I'm gonna link a video clip from the series below...  Please watch!

Anyway, I realized in all that... the why? question... Well, there is an answer.  Actually, one or many answers to that question that I'll never know for certain while down here on this earth.  And, that's okay!  Cause my God is in control...

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

What a picture!  See it!?  He is SEATED on His throne.  Everytime anyone see's God in Heaven in the Bible, He is SEATED.  As if to say, "I got this!  Don't worry!  I'm in control even amid all the freewill and chaos that is in the world - I got this!  I'm capable!  I am who I AM!"

And today, I love that!  Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure to walk down the "why?" lane again and again through life.  But my God will walk with me, and He will say... "I got this!  Don't worry!"

Thank you Jesus!

Crazy Love - Stop and Think VIDEO

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment