Mental Health Monday :-)

Okay, so I took today off from work in advance because I knew I'd be worn out after my crazy long weekend with speech and debate and quickly following that, 2nd grade Sunday School packed with 20 kids (mostly hyper boys). I'm glad I did it! Perfect timing for a day off!!

After AF and my new realization that I need more time for me to grieve our Angel Baby, today has given me some time to do that... to cry, to read blogs, to listen to awesome music and pray. I feel good!  I think I'll make this a tradition. At least once a month - mental health Monday!


This picture makes me smile!  Consider it the official Mental Health Monday (MHM) pic!!  I'll have to look and see what Monday in November would be the best one to choose for MHM Day 2 hhehehee

This day has helped me to better come to terms with not obsessing about TTC.  I'm REALLY - with God's help - going to try and just let baby number 3 happen without my constant worry.

In order to do this, I'm going to take days to concentrate on me and my Lord, and on things I want to do.  And then I'm going to take days to concentrate on Beth, and days to concentrate on Michael. I'm going to try to be more deliberate about this. 

I really am very blessed!  With good health, a loving husband, a happy, healthy 3 year old cutie.  I have a great church family, and a job.  I don't have everything figured out, but that's okay.  One day at a time with my savior, right?

This MHM has consisted of sleeping in to the sound of the pouring rain (LOVE THIS), time in bible study and prayer, cleaning my bathrooms (yes, having a clean bathroom makes me happy), taking a relaxing bath, and lounging on the couch... now, nap time before I go get my girlie. Then, we'll see...

Take a mental health day!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Jamie! It is important to work through that grief surrounding your baby. I think too many people have early miscarriages and don't take the time to fully grieve that loss. I've seen a couple of people in my support groups come many years after their loss to work through it. You'll have to do it eventually but I think it's harder to deal with if you wait. Glad you had a good mental health day. I find I need those MUCH more often now after losing Mikayla and it's been 4 months for me but I still need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl - YEAAAA for Mental Health Monday!
    Check out my blog - I announced the giveaway winners :) :) (you are one of them) :)

    ReplyDelete