We are NOT alone!

I just need to blog before going to work this morning!!!  I feel like God just spoke to me during my quiet time, and I NEED to remember this and share this.

So I was going through the next chapter in the book that we are using for my online miscarriage bible study and discovered that the section I wanted to cover today was over lonliness.  I sat down, opened it and my bible and began to read the questions and the scriptures in the study... then... I realized something...

This is one of the things I have been struggling with - just when I think a chapter in this book isn't meant for me (aka the previous on on anger) God shows me just the opposite.  For example, this chapter on lonliness was meant for me and for so many others...

For the high school teacher who is feeling discouraged because, although she knows she is a good/effective teacher, she feels like she isn't.  She's discouraged.  Well let me tell you - Jesus knows how you feel!  You are not alone!  He felt the same way while He was on earth teaching and hardly anyone understood who He really was, let alone got any piece of the message He was trying to share.  But, He did it anyway.  Cause it's the right thing to do - and so will you.  Just remember, you are not alone here!

For the teacher who coaches or just anyone who serves in any other way - perhaps at your church or in your community - and gives and gives and gives to the point of exhaustion - until there are some days where you can't give anymore and so have to cancel practice, cut something short, or maybe even take a season or semester off or away from that service... and then you feel guilty about it.  You are not alone!  Even Jesus knew He had a limit!  He would often go off alone by himself, at times leaving behind crowds of people needing and wanting his attention!!  I'm sure He wanted to give it to them - who wouldn't - but Jesus who was fully God but also fully man had a limitation, and you do too!  And it's okay!!  He understands this!  It's okay to put your Lord and you first so then you can come back and be more effective later... He understands this; He lived this!  You are NOT alone!

For those that are suffering through grief, wondering why... wanting God's will in your life but also wanting deliverance from pain and loss... You are NOT alone.  Picture Jesus in the garden of gethsemenee.  See Him there as He cries out, "Lord take this cup from me, but your will be done, not mine."  He knows our struggle! We are NOT alone!

He knows... and He loves us! 

Romans 8:35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
   "For your sake we face death all day long;
      we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

He loves us - We simply need to rest in that!  He's got our back!  Just follow His example.  Trust.  Lean on Him.  When you feel you are alone, know you are NOT!  He understands; just keep fighting the good fight.  He will help you!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Jamie! I just finished that part of the study this morning and felt great comfort from realizing that although I may feel alone in this grieving I am NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I found myself in that lonley place many times and to be honest, I still do. This journey takes its toll, but for me, there was only 1 constant. HE was my constant, my strength in times of weakness and my forever port in the storm. Often times it was hard to trust, but I knew that without FAITH I had nothing.

    Thank you for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog and for the encouragement. I am praying for you too my friend and I look forward to extending the same kindness to you that you have shown me.

    Much Love and Prayers Always

    ReplyDelete