Peace from Jesus

A Monday Meme
Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
 
Okay - I'm still sick.  THIS :-(  IS AN UNHAPPY FACE!  I cough as often as I inhale, and I'm pretty sure I saw the students sitting in the front row of my classroom today cringe every time I opened my mouth.  It was either because of the threat of my cough in their faces or from my analysis of The Scarlet Letter.  Probably the cough, right? hehe

Anyway, today was good for a Monday, but I'm going to need to grade some stuff at home tonight (which I DESPISE) and then put it in the grade book.  It's moments like this when I can get depressed with the reality of being an English teacher.... shoot, the reality of being a teacher.

However - I can't testify enough about this working children of God out there who read my blog - after I mediate on Colossians 3:23 when I'm feeling down about my job, it inspires me to get that grading done!  And be happy about it!  Because I'm doing it for Jesus!  It is Him I am serving!!  I would work overtime for Jesus, so let's do it!  Bring on the pop quizzes!

Colossians 3:23 gives me peace - His word gives me peace - Jesus gives me peace.

Praying peace from Jesus for every one's Monday/work week!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment