the second WW Wednesday

The results are in!  Drum roll, please..... ...... ..... .....

I lost 3.2 pounds this week!  Whoo hoo!!  I am now 170.4

Some of you may be like, "What?  That's it?"

And, yes!  That's it ... for THIS week. 

A healthy weight loss happens at losing 2 to 3 pounds per week.  Much more than that long term is considered unhealthy.  Hey, it took 9 months to get looking like this, and it's gonna take that amount of time - hopefully a little less - to get back to me.  Knowing that, I'm a happy camper!

So, what have I done to get the ball rolling?  Well, just those things that I said I would do on my previous post... well, not all of those things... MOST of them ;-)

Let me review:

1. I did stop the "seefood" diet.  That's a biggie!  I planned out everything I would eat and how much it would "cost" me in the long run.  Doing that really helps me stick to healthy eating and not overeating.

2. We did go to the grocery store this weekend, and I did buy more healthy snacks - for example, apples!  On the new Weight Watchers plan, fruits and veggies are zero points!  For that reason alone, they are a GREAT snack!!!  Oh, and they are filling.  That helps with the hunger pains. 

3. I started taking my vitamins - extra B12 and a multivitamin!  I'm feeling somewhat more energetic this week because of it - I think.

4. I haven't bought the new WW plan, yet.  I got the 7 day free trial of the online version.  It's good!  The only drawback is that I wish I had one of those cool phones that can access the Internet so I could have the points calculator on me at all times.  I will have to discuss with hubby what we can do at this point, financially.  It makes sense to buy the at home program at one price $100, rather than paying $16 a month until I loose all my weight.  Then I'd have the program if I noticed a rise in my weight ... we'll see.  I have to decide what to do about this tonight because my free trail runs out tomorrow!

5. I have not started walking at the YMCA yet or exercising.  I will try to do that once next week.  I'm still giving myself a break from that... I may until I see my weight loss slow down... we'll see.

6. As for new recipes - not yet.  I've been cooking some old WW ones I had.  I'll have to scan some and share them with you.   Last night, we had chicken breasts cooked with yellow squash and onions, and on the side, some new potatoes and green beans. 

Well, in the words of Bugs Bunny, that's all for now folks!

1 comment:

  1. What is the 'normal' or recommended amount of weight to gain during pregnancy? I think I heard 10lbs in the first trimester, then 2-3 lbs per month I think. Sorry...off topic, I know.

    Sounds like you have a great plan - it does take a bit to change habits and try new things. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete