Speech Pathology

Beth had a speech screening at her preschool, and it came back that she needed further evaluation of her receptive and expressive language skills.

And, I began to freak out, to worry, to blame myself. 

It's probably nothing.  In fact, a friend of mine who happens to be a speech pathologist will be doing a free screening of her tomorrow just to put my mind at ease.  She thinks it's probably nothing.

The real problem is that I do this - blame myself if anything is the slight bit wrong with my kids. 

I blame myself, and then, I worry.

Why can't I just trust Jesus!?!?!

He is the one that fearfully and wonderfully made them!  Why do I spend hours and hours worrying about things I have no control over?!

If anyone needs an evaluation, I think I need an evaluation of my faith skills ;-)

I need to stop giving into fear!  F.E.A.R. is...

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

I like that ;-)

She'll be fine!  This - if there is a this - will not ruin her life!

Anyway, I'm feeling better knowing that Julia is going to screen Beth tomorrow.  I feel like, yet again, God has got this problem already fixed.  He's got this.

He's got the whole world in His hands.... and them too!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie,
    Your beautiful Beth will be just fine and you are a great mama! You love those girls with everything you've got and that's what really matters. I know what you mean though, we really do just blame ourselves for every little thing when it comes to our kids. I think we need to let ourselves off the hook a little and just give it to God. Like you said, "He's got this"! He truly does have the whole world in His hands. I am praying for your beautiful Beth. I know she will do great no matter what the results of the evaluation are. God bless you and those beautiful girls of yours!!!
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete