Mind, Body, Soul, and Spirit

Balance.

That's what the first place 4 health bible study that I start leading tonight is all about. 

I'm loving this study!  And I haven't even chatted with the group members about it yet - that's tonight, and that will be icing on the cake ;-)  A no calorie cake! LOL

The memory verse for this week really has spoken to me. 

Deuteronomy 30: 19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

I love what this verse implies - we have the choice to choose life, to choose blessings!

Yet, every day, we choose death and curses.  Don't we?

Whether it is in the mind... i.e. watching or reading garbage or listening to gossip... or in the body... i.e. awful food that only makes us feel bad after consuming it (McDonalds)... or in the soul... i.e. making choices to say or do things that emotionally make us a wreck... or in the spirit... i.e. neglecting that quiet time, or skipping church...

We often choose death and curses - we often choose to live unbalanced, shaky and chaotic lives.

So why not choose life!?

I'm trying to do that more.  This is hard for me since I am by nature a very busy person, and that business is often things I don't really need to be doing.  I feel like I have to be doing something every minute of every day to be productive.  Often, that need takes me away from doing those things that would make me live a more balanced life.

However, today, I think some time would be better spent if I took a nap.  If I allowed myself the time to physically recover from a busy weekend. 

It's okay to do that!  It will help me in my quest to be more physically healthy.  We need sleep.  And when you're recovering from a c-section and a pregnancy from Hades, you might just need a little more.

Besides, when you got a nap buddy like this...

... how can you resist a small, power charging snooze?!

night night, ya'll

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment