Resolutions

Yes, I know it's not new year's eve.  I haven't lost it - yet ;-) So why am I writing about resolutions?

Well, we started a new bible study in sunday school class yesterday - Resolutions for Women.  The teacher and his wife have split the class - she leads the ladies in this study and he leads the men in a men's resolutions book.  It's all based off the movie Courageous - a must see for EVERY Christian!

Anyway, the first part of this study was AWESOME!  It was motivating.  See, God's been calling me back to Him - back to a daily morning quiet time with Him - for some time now, and this morning - with the help of the Holy Spirit - I got back on track! 

It really does make a HUGE difference in my day when I start the day with Him. And it was like He was waiting for me!  He knew this would be the day I would choose to run back into His arms.  When I opened my devotional book, this is what I read...

"They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection." Luke 20:36

And with that verse, these lines represent what the devotional was trying to get across...

"This means that when we're kicking ourselves for past failures, we need only look at the resurrection of Jesus and know that we are new children."

It was almost as if He was saying to me, "Jamie, we can start again!  I understand all you've been through. I know it.  With me, you can be the better for it.  Let's go - let's start anew."

I'm so glad I have a savior - a resurrected savior.  Thank you Jesus!  He is the author of new beginnings!

I had been avoiding this space.  That story is for another blog post I think.  But for now, I'm happy to report that I'm back!  It's summer!  And God answers prayer! *cue excited happy dance*

He answered the prayer of my previous post - again, explanations to come.  And I hope he'll answer my prayer as I strive to keep the first resolution in this Resolutions for Women series...

"I DO solemnly swear to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it.  I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment."

This is really easy so long as I have my quiet time because Christ is contentment.  To have Him is to have peace that surpasses understanding.

Thank you Jesus!

Check out Resolutions for Women:



No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment