Running!

Ya'll, I can't believe I'm typing this... but, here it goes....

I enjoy running!

Yep! I do! Crazy, right?

I never pegged myself to be someone who would WANT to run let alone train for a 5K, but I'm doing it!

I found this app for my phone - Ease into a 5K.  It's great!  It's pushing me to do things I never thought I could be physically able to do AND enjoy.  I highly recommend it!  Looks like this...



Amazingly though, it's the truth!  I can't wait to wake up and complete the next day in my training.  I LOVE running. I even got some new running shoes!  Soooo excited!!!

Why running?  Well, I think it's because it gives me time to do something for myself. I feel myself getting more fit.  My body is actually better than it was before I had Hannah!  And when I feel good about my body, I feel good about life.

Also, I consider this body to be a temple of the Lord! I enjoy taking care of it and being sure it is in tip top condition for whatever He has come my way.  1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

So here's my plan for keeping up with this after I go back to work...  Quiet time with the Lord in the mornings (5:30am) and running will have to be after the girls are in bed on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7:30pm or 8:00pm).  Hubby can watch them then - he does his training in the mornings at the YMCA.  Then on the weekends, I can catch one more day to train.  That makes for a three day training week.

Well, that's it. I just had to share that.  Here is a link to the first 5K I plan on completing with my husband and a friend of mine - Action Dash

The goal is to be ready to run my first 5K by labor day weekend, and then my goal is to at least finish the race ;-)

I'll keep you posted.   (((hugz)))

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment