update on Dad

Well, here's the latest.  My father had bronchitis complicated by COPD.  Evidently, this was the second episode  he's had this year - the first was in May.  I had no idea.  He wasn't as bad off in May as he was this time - being two hours away from heart failure - but it's just proof that his lungs are NOT in good shape. 

It scared him good!  It scared me!!  And I think good things are going to come of this... (not surprising since God is just cool like that ;-)

Dad said he might want "to get him some religion."  Now, I take that to mean he might actually attend a church service or two where he could hear the word preached and possibly get saved, so that makes me happy!

He said he wants to slow down AND possibly move to Georgia.  Maybe even stay with us for awhile to get himself a good start...?  And surprisingly, I'm not freaked out by this. I would actually like to form a better relationship with him in whatever time we have left on this earth, AND I would drag him to church with us every Sunday.  So again, that would be another great chance for him to get saved and ready for what comes after death - you know, meeting your maker and all ;-)

Last good thing to come from this, it has motivated me to plan a trip to visit the family up north.  Not a single member of my family has even met Hannah, and although before that didn't bother me so much, after this scare, I am bothered by that.  So, there is a possible trip north planned for September. 

Like I said, good coming from bad. 

Like Joseph in Egypt...

Genesis 50:19-21 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment