a great TIME

Today, I ran.


This was a nearby 5K to support our troops.  I had labeled this my pre-peachtree 10K race. ;-)

My only goal for this race was to run it well. I told myself that my time didn't matter - especially after I realized that I had just started my period.  Sorry if that is TMI for some, but the first day of my period is AWFUL.  I don't do anything well that day. You gotta know that to appreciate what happens next.  Anyway, so, I told myself to relax, have fun, enjoy the run, pace yourself...

AND I ACHIEVED MY BEST 5K TIME EVER! I CRUSHED MY PREVIOUS TIME!!!

Previous best 5K: 34:28
Today's 5K - new best: 31:47

That's an over 2 and a half minute improvement! Where did that come from?!

I dunno, but I'll take it!

The course was mostly flat with only two hills that had a slow incline - I took them easily.  It was a great course!

It was a good run. I'll take it!


Today's forget-me-not: Relax, have fun, enjoy the run, pace yourself... ;-)

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment