Resolutions Review - June

In 2013...
1. Grow Spiritually
2. Stay Healthy
3. Live, Love, and Laugh Often
 
1. Growing Spiritually.  I'm realizing that real spiritual growth happens when you take the hands of sorrow and suffering.  At least, that's what I'm learning as I continue to read Hind's Feet on High Places. Spiritual growth happens when you take the good with the bad - when you call out or cry out to God.  When you recognize your daily need for Him. 
 
This is not a resolution where I will at some point be able to say, "Check! I accomplished this goal!"
 
This is not something that is "accomplished" here on earth, and it isn't even something I have the power to initiate, provoke, or nurture on my own.  This is not something for me to "do". 
 
This needs to be my life.  A constant.
 
So, I am modifying this resolution. I am modifying this to a reminder, and I'll let you know how it goes. A new #1...
 
1. Lean on Him
 
2.   Staying healthy. I'm falling off the wagon here a little bit, and I blame two things for this.  First, cookies. I love cookies.  LOVE them.  We must not buy them any more - not even for the kids! BAD cookies!  I don't need them and neither do they, really.
 
Second, training for my 10K.  I don't like running for over 35 minutes.  I hate it.  I'm doing it - because I set it as a goal and have already paid for the Peachtree on July 4th.  However, whereas I used to jump at going for a run - relish it, really - I now dread going for a run.  Because I don't want to run for 50 minutes!  So...  I'm going to put in some shorter runs in between my training runs.  I need to blend in some joy with this pain!!! Ugh!
 
3. Living, loving, laughing... I've been working overtime on this one lately!  I'll end this post with some pics concerning this, and - suffice it to say - summer is time for me to reconnect with my kids and myself.  And in the course of that, there's a lot of living, loving, and laughing going on.
 
((hugz))
 



 


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment