Collins Dixon 5K - The Gift of Running

Today, I ran another 5k. And no, it never gets old! ;-)

After the run.
After the run with the HUGE hill.
After the 5k that was longer than 5k.
Time - 34:40

This race was at my church.  It was in memory of a child - Collins - who died from a brain tumor.  His parents (members of our church) put it together to honor Collins. It is also one of the many fundraisers they do to get money for pediatric brain tumor research and money for families struggling due to this disease.  They coordinate all this through a foundation they created called Bend Your Knees.

This is one of the races I had heard about last year that inspired me to try the Ease Into a 5k app.  I really wanted to be able to show my support for this family; however, at the time, I didn't feel I could walk 5k let alone run it, so I started to train. And, well, you know the rest...

As I ran this race today, I couldn't help but continually thank God for the ability to run 5k.  It's a gift! I couldn't have achieved all that I have running without His blessing, His inspiration - Him! 

It's a gift from God that I can run in honor and in memory of Collins... that I've run and will again run in honor and in memory of Angel.  Some of these events I run in are very dear to my heart. I'm so thankful to have the ability to do this! To share my new gift and to use the gift to give to great causes.

I also see running as a gift from God for me - personally.  I love running because it gives me time for ME.  Time to work on keeping myself fit. Time to be by myself - with no kids hanging all over me. Time to think. Time to put everything - EVERYTHING - into perspective. Time to run and talk with the best running buddy ever - my Jesus! 

I just love running!  It's such a GIFT!

So....

Today, I ran another 5k. And no, it never gets old! ;-)

I ran another 5k, and all I got was another cool t-shirt ;-)

Today's forget-me-not: James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment