dollars and change

I'm waiting to do a post about running the largest 10k in the world - my first 10k - the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race - that takes place every year on the 4th of July.  I'm waiting because I need some extra cash to purchase a race picture they took that I want in my blog post on that run.  Trust me, it'll be worth the wait.  :-) 

Which brings me to what this post is really about - money.

Money and budgets - Dave Ramsey style. 

We are currently studying about money and budgets in Sunday school via Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  It's good. It's eye opening.  It's something Michael and I have needed to start doing - that is taking how we spend (waste) our money more seriously. 

The first step in doing this is to put together a $1000 savings for emergency use only.  We've started this, and I'll let you  know how long it takes.  We've also put together somewhat of a budget.  Nothing too detailed just yet. 

Baby steps.  Dave Ramsey's baby steps.

Below is a video kinda describing this process.  It's a process that will hopefully get us to a place where we can actually take a vacation and give more to those things God would call us to give to.

At least, that's the hope!

Today's forget-me-not: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, so change things up every now and then! :-)


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment