Update: It's all good...

Things are good.

My job is good. It's quiet out in my new mobile classroom. I like quiet. :-)  My students rock, and I'm rocking as their teacher.  In addition to all this rockin, I don't have any extracurricular responsibilities which means I'm unusually peaceful when I walk into work.  Oh, I've agreed to help people with a variety of things, but I'm not in charge of those things.  And the "help" I've offered, it is a minimal amount of work, so I have time to teach, to think about teaching, and to grade stuff while at school.  I am a Happy Camper!  I made the best decision ever when I decided to step away from speech and debate this year.  Things are good on the work front.

Things are okay at church.  It's amazing how much less stress you have when you trust God to change people and not see it as your responsibility to do so.  It's also freeing.  It's also so obvious - duh Jamie!

Beth is doing well. It's crazy how fast she is growing up.  I was looking at buying her a bible to start taking to and from church, and inside one I picked up, it had a list of first grade bible skills. As I read down the list - things that included knowing the books of the bible and how to find a scripture reference in the bible - it got me thinking about how many skills she will begin to master in this her first grade year. Like reading! It just blows my mind!!  My big girl is getting bigger!!!

Hannah's next year is sure to bring big changes too. Her vocabulary and sentence structure is improving daily.  She is so close to learning how to REALLY use the potty. This time next year, she'll be three! A year away from preschool!!!  What?!  Slow down life!

All in all, I can't complain.  I have much to be thankful for!  My hubby and I are healthy, happy, and blessed. 

Today's forget-me-not: Optimism plus thankfulness plus trusting in God = Peace.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment