A Walk/Run to Remember

I was honored this weekend to run in memory of Angel and babies lost too soon.  I ran this same 5k for the first time last year, and I love it! 

I love the time to reflect about Angel...  I love the time it takes to drive up through the beautiful Georgia mountains toward this running destination. I love the words of remembrance they speak before we do a balloon release in honor of our babies.

I always shed a few tears at this point...
I love the simplicity and yet challenging aspects to this course, and I just love to run it. I love to run in honor and remembrance of Angel.  And for those of my friends who have experienced a loss - to honor their babies.

 

I wore this shirt last year as I ran, and I wore it again this year.  Sadly, I had to add some names to the shirt, but I was glad to have had a chance to honor them all.

Side note: If you don't see your baby's or babies' name(s) on my shirt and would like for them to be on it for next year, just leave me a comment below with their names. I would be more than happy to add them!

It was a beautiful day to run, and I ran well. In fact, I improved my time from last year about three minutes! 

Last year: 35:15  This year: 32:15

I believe I did our babies proud!

I stayed long enough to see some children dance this year in honor of our babies...

 


And then I stayed for the raffle they had.  I won Beth this awesome skirt!  (note: I won something from their raffle last year too! I never win things! WOW)

 
The skirt I won.  Beth LOVES it! Like a gift from Angel to her big sis.
I didn't win an age group award this year, but they did that a little differently.  They lumped together women with men.  When you do that, a woman hardly ever has a chance to place in her age group.  But that's okay. I didn't come to win any awards.

I ran to heal. I ran to remember. I ran to honor.

What a blessing this event is to me!

It has helped me to usher in October which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  I've got more to say about that later.  Another blog post in the works.  Until then...

Today's forget-me-not: Take the time to stop and remember.

2 comments:

  1. Will you please add our baby's name. Wyatt Webb. We lost our baby 11-9-11 at 10 weeks we felt this was our boy, Not sure. Thanks Vetta Webb.

    ReplyDelete