Resolutions Review - October

Is it okay to fulfill your new year's resolutions - to the extent that you will ever fulfill them - and move on to your next resolution before the new "new year" has arrived?  I think so. I saw this on Facebook that confirmed this feeling for me:

"Have you given any thought to your New Year Resolution? Yes, I know it is the last day of September, but you need to start thinking about it now. Make the plans, lay the ground work so that you are ready when January 1st rolls around. If you are REALLY serious, don't wait, start now!"
 - Dickerson Fitness

Well, I have a vision for something, and since I feel as if it's time for a new, more specific resolution, here it goes...

I resolve to give my blog a makeover!  Not visually speaking - because I really like my layout - but a makeover of its purpose.  Let me explain what sparked this...

Katy, from Somewhere Over the Rainbow, posted that she was looking for ladies to submit their stories of loss for a book entitled Because They Lived.  Basically, this would be to honor babies lost too soon while raising money.  As she says on her blog, "All proceeds from this book will be used to donate them to organizations which distribute memory boxes, to send them to families that are learning to navigate this new normal, used to gift items to families in need and to spread awareness on Pregnancy and Infant Loss."

Something in my head screamed that I just HAD to do this!  For Angel. For BLMs. For the world! (sorry for the drama)

Anyway, I've written something, and I'm pretty pleased with the end result.  I'm going to share it here soon, but I want Katy to give it her ultimate blessing first.  

While writing this, I realized that I had gotten away from some of the purposes I had for this blog. I had wanted this blog to be a place where those that had experienced a loss could find comfort through my own experience. I had wanted this blog to be a testimony that life can still be good after a loss. A beacon of hope. And lastly, I had wanted this blog to spark a conversation about miscarriage. The point is, I had more that I wanted this blog to do, but I got away from that.

Now, God is bringing me back to His vision for this blog.  I've got some ideas about how this is going to look - this change - but I need to continue to pray about it and work on it. 

I'm gonna head to bed now, but keep an eye out for new things to come...

Today's forget-me-not: Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment