once upon a time...

I love a good story.  I especially like fairy tales.  Yes... I know... grow up, Jamie.  But, hey, I can't help it! I'm a sucker for a happily ever after ;-)

What's my favorite fairy tale, you ask?  Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs!

I guess it all started back in my childhood when a neighbor got a record of Snow White.  Yes, a record. I guess I'm that old... Anyway, we would listen to it for hours, and I would be transported to another land - a land where a girl with everything working against her could find true love and live happily ever after.



I was hooked!

Recently, Michael and I have started watching the ABC series Once Upon a Time.  The plot revolves around Snow White and her Prince Charming - my favs!  Just when they think they have gotten their happily ever after, the evil queen steps in and tries to ruin it.

This pretty much explains things...



Great, huh?!

It's mindless TV after a hard day at work. But more than that...

It's a few episodes of good overcoming evil. It's love conquers all. It's hope.

Who doesn't need a little dose of that each and every day?

Besides, I know happily ever afters are possible.  God sent me my prince, and we have been blessed ever since.  Not saying our road has been smooth with no bumps or potholes, but - with our Jesus - we have persevered.  Love does conquer all.

Today's forget-me-not: 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment