An Attitude of Gratitude

It's the start of a new month, and I usually blog about my progress with my new year's resolutions. Yes, I've been keeping track of those.  ;-)  I made some good ones back in January - so I figured.  However, last month, I declared those resolutions "accomplished" - to the extent, at least, that they ever would be accomplished - so I made a new resolution. Why wait for January 1st, right?  I resolved to re-purpose my blog - read "Resolutions Review - October".

In re-purposing my blog, I wanted to accomplish a few things, but first and foremost, I wanted to make it public so that I could share it with those in the baby loss community - specifically those who have suffered early miscarriages.  October was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, and I felt compelled to contribute something to that cause in honor of Angel. So, I "cleaned up" my blog and created a Facebook page from which to share it with other BLMs (baby loss mommas). 

If you know anyone who has just suffered a miscarriage and might find some solace from reading the blog posts of someone else who has been through that darkness (much like I did), please share this page with them.

The other reason for opening my blog to the public was to share - to share God's instruction in my life.  He is so gentle and so patient with me, I just had to find a vehicle from which to give Him the glory for that and share what I have learned in the process so that - perhaps - it might benefit another believer.  Maybe if you read about my blunders and his gentle rebuke thereof, you won't make the same mistakes?  Perhaps I'll post some scripture that He has impressed upon my heart that He may want you to read too?

“Therefore encourage one another and build up one another... ”
 (1 Thessalonians 5:11).

If you think my blog encouraging - edifying - then please feel free to share it!

I write for me. I write for Him. I write for you.

I'm so thankful for this blog. I'm THANKFUL for so much!

I put this on my Facebook page today: For me, November is all about thanksgiving - the holiday AND the action - so every day this month, I'll post what I'm most thankful for on that day. 

It's so important to be active in our thankfulness.  As I learned in James MacDonald's study Lord Change My Attitude, an attitude of thankfulness is commanded of us.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So let's adopt an attitude of gratitude for the month of November AND for all time. 

Today's forget-me-not: 1 Thessalonians 5:8 "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment