when it rains, it snows, and then there's an earthquake

Lately, the planet Earth has been showing signs of bipolar disorder.  Well, at least in my neck of the woods it has.

We've gone from sun shinny days in the 60s TO crippling snow and ice storms that shut down schools for weeks TO an earthquake.

Only in Georgia people.

Here's the thing though... The weather we've experienced in the last month is a perfect metaphor for my life right now. 

One minute, things are good - family is well, in a groove at my job, and all things in life falling nicely into place. It's 60 degrees, and the sun is shinning. 

Then, a cold front moves in, and the snow and ice falls from the sky freezing everything bitterly... Hannah gets the croup, days off from work put me terribly behind in my instruction, and anxiety about the upcoming state healthcare rally at the Georgia capitol I've committed to speak at creeps in and takes hold of my being.

Then, an earthquake?! Unexpected. It leaves you going, "What just happened?"  Kinda like when you get a telephone call that your step-father is in the hospital and in heart failure. 

Yes.  This was my reality this past week.  And like schizo weather that can devastate an area, when life happens like this, it can leave you debilitated.

It's your choice.  And I've chosen to dig myself out of the blinding blizzard and wait for the sun to shine it's warmth on me again.  Because it will.  It always does.  Our God, He is faithful like that.

And the sun has started to shine again...  It started today with a morning run. 

#iloverunning  But you all know that. What you don't know is that I use running like a drug.  It gets my heart pumping and blood flowing fast.  This, in turn, has a great affect on my attitude, and after a good run, it's like the weather forecast just changed for the better!

My current reality...

Hannah is about over her croup - follow-up doctor's appointment is Monday. 

My step-dad - despite being told he cannot have the by-pass surgery his heart needs because his lungs are shot and he wouldn't survive it - has been given other options to extend his life (angioplasty).

Me and my step-dad at my sister's wedding. Prayers still needed for his full recovery, please!
And as for the rally that stresses me out when I let it, I'm prepared to rock it!  Well, me and my daughter - together - are going to rock it!

Signs prepared and my speech is written. Prayers for a good outcome needed, please!
 
Hey, you can only do what you can do in this life. Right? As I tell Beth, just try your best.  No one can fault you for that!

So when the storms of life come, there's something to remember!

Today's forget-me-not: Just try your best, and let the chips fall where they may.  #life

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment