The Happiest 5K On The Planet!

Today was the day!  My return to The Color Run!!!

I had a great time with my hubby last year at this event, but this year, I wanted to share the experience with Beth. And a few of our friends...

Before the race... before the color...
Things started off well.  We got our shirts and racing bibs, and we went back to the car to thaw out - it was a chilly start to the day.  After a little while, we got out of the car as the start of the race was approaching, and that's when my child turned into a little SNOT!

Cue the complaining that it was too cold!  I tried to tell her to do some jumping jacks and she would warm up; however, she wouldn't listen.  And just about the time I began swearing in my head to the good Lord that I would never bring this child to another 5k - EVER, the sun warmed things up and her attitude changed as the music began to get us all excited for the coming run...
 
FINALLY she took a "before" picture with me!
This really is a fun run!  We had a GREAT time...

We just went through the PINK station!
 
Sportin my PINK!
By the time everything was said and done, we were filthy!
 
The future of running!


Dirty but happy!
This race is a keeper on my list of yearly MUST DO races.  I think it will become a mommy and Beth regular.  The only bad thing about this race is the clean up...


After two baths and four head scrubs, there are still traces of green in this child's hair!

But, it's no matter.  The memories made with my big girl are priceless! 

We ran/walked this one, and we rocked it!
Today's forget-me-not: Never pass up an opportunity to make a memory!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment