preacher say...

I once heard a preacher say, "God will not give you what you want until you come to a place in your life where what you want is what He wants."

I'm sure he had scripture to back that up, but I don't recall what it was.

When I heard that many years ago, I remember instantly giving my desire for a godly husband to God. I remember praying, "Lord, if you want me to be married, please lead me to a man who loves you with his whole heart! But Lord, if you don't want me to be married, I'm okay with that too.  You lead. I'll follow."

And, I meant it.

A few months later, it was 1996, I met my future husband - in a chat room (more on that later).

Now, it is 2014, and again, I hear the preacher's words... They echo in my head...

Why do I bring this up?  Because I interviewed for a teaching position at a different high school, and I didn't get the job.

Why, you ask?  Well, the principal said that she HAD to hire someone who would be willing to coach a sport.  And based on what my current principal told me, that is the truth.  She really wanted to hire me, but her hands were tied.

However,  when I asked GOD why I didn't get the job, I got a different reply, and it was a flashback to 1996... to that preacher and his words...

"God will not give you what you want until you come to a place in your life where what you want is what He wants."

Translation: I have to be content with my current situation before He will move me.  That is IF He wants to move me - which I believe He does.

In other words, I need to come to a place in my life where I accept my current position at my current location with my current student population and my current colleagues.

Easier said than done when your heart is already somewhere else.

But if I say I really believe in a God who knows what is best for me and mine and who is in control of all things, I need to - no - I MUST come to trust in Him completely.  I MUST be okay with my current lot for however long He sees fit - for a short time or a long time. I MUST believe that "Father knows best" and seek His will and His way for me in my current circumstances.

Philippians 4:11-13
11 For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

And so I say this to myself as much as to you...

Today's forget-me-not: Be content. With Him constantly by your side, you can do this! You can do anything!!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment