updated About This Blog


Welcome!!!

My name is Jamie, and I would best describe myself as a Martha – the sister Jesus gently rebuked for having her priorities mixed up. 

You remember the story, right?

Luke 10:38-42

38 Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village; and a woman named Martha received him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. 

40 But Martha was distracted with much serving; and she went to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me." 41 But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things; 42 one thing is needful. Mary has chosen the good portion, which shall not be taken away from her."

Poor, Martha.  Distracted and anxious and troubled.  I must admit, too much of my life is lived in Martha’s shoes. 

Who are you? Are you more like Martha or Mary? 

I think most women, unfortunately, identify with Martha.

So much is expected of us that it’s easy to get distracted and lose focus of what is most important in this life – that is spending time with our Lord and listening to His teaching.  I often forget this truth.

And when I find something I don’t want to forget – like the wisdom found here in Luke 10 - I blog about it. Because I want to and need to remember it.

Here is where I post my forget-me-nots – the observations of a “Martha” who is trying desperately to be more like a “Mary.”

Any fellow Marthas out there?! Let’s unite!

If you decide to stick around, thank you for letting me share my observations with YOU!

 

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment