A Valentine's Day Message

I remember the day Michael asked me to be his wife. He wanted to go hike to the top of a nearby mountain. I wasn’t too crazy about the idea, but I saw he had already prepared his backpack for the adventure. How could I say no?
Aside from the frequent breaks I had to take to catch my breath and rest my achy legs, the trek up the mountain was nice. I’ve always enjoyed being out in nature and drinking in God’s handiwork. After we made it to the top, Michael unpacked his bag. He laid out a blanket, some snacks, and a CD player (for those too young to know what that is, the modern day equivalent would be an ipod).
We chatted and enjoyed our time together. Then he said he wanted me to hear a songby country singer Michael Peterson, “From Here to Eternity,” and he got it ready to play. As soon as the song started, he began to sing along.
I did everything I could to get you here tonight
Without telling you why
Now girl if you only would please hold out your hand
And just close your eyes
I’ve been dying to ask you this one burning question
‘Will you be mine?’
It took me a minute to process what was happening. I heard the song, but the words took a few minutes to sink in. And before I knew it, Michael was kneeling before me with a ring in his hand...  
Keep reading! Find out what happened next. Click on the picture below.
Today's forget-me-not:

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment