Hot Chocolate 15K/5K

For the third year in a row, I kicked off a new year of running with the Atlanta Hot Chocolate 15k/5k!

One of these years, I will run the 15k and get me that awesome finisher's medal my husband always takes home, but this year, for a variety of reasons I won't bore you with, I chose to run the 5k again.

My husband showing off his finisher's medal.

Close up of the amazing bling!
Now if you take a good look at the above picture of my husband showing off his bling, you will see that he is bundled up as if he is about to take a stroll through a tundra.

Suffice it to say, it was COLD!

But this race is pretty much always cold, so that's nothing new.  People still sign up to run it year after year for two reasons: the race jacket (#swag) and the finisher's mug (which comes complete with a cup of hot chocolate and a banana, a marshmallow, and so much more to dip into some melted chocolate they also provide for you).

This race is worth every penny you pay for it!

This year, hubby and I packed the car full with friends and headed out early to get to the race.

From left to right: My friend, Jordan; me; bestie and running buddy, Jaimee; and new friend, Melinda.
It was a good run/walk for us 5k ladies, and it was exactly what I needed to get motivated and excited about the 2016 5k season.

I even typed out a list of races I'm interested in through May:

February
With or Without You 5k (2-13)
March
Canton Elementary 5k (3-5)
Puppy 5k (3-12)
April
The Color Run (4-2)
Glow it Up for Autism 5k (4-16)
Peru 5k at FBC Canton (4-30)
May
MMRF Race for the Cure (5-15)

It's a lot, but I really want to get back to running as often as I can. I want 2016 to be Jamie's "Year of the 5k!"

And nothing is gonna stop me! Not even the cold!

Hubby and me!
Today's forget-me-not: The Hot Chocolate Race - totally worth it! Do it!





No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment