Memories

My girls and I ran another fun run a couple weekends ago.

Collins Dixon 5K and Fun Run
Race Recap: The race was fun and hot. End race recap. ;-)
I'm just now getting around to writing about that event because it fell on the weekend between pre-planning for teachers and the first week of school. Can you say, "BUSY!"?

Yes. We've been super busy. I now have a little girl in pre-k and a big girl in fourth grade.

When did I get so old?! ;-)


The beginning of a new school year is exciting but also hard. It's hard to get back into the routine of getting the kids up early and out the door. And it's hard standing all day on my feet and teaching after sitting on my butt all summer. Our bodies sure take a beating and go into a bit of shock during this time. Needless to say, the kids are asleep by 8:30 pm with momma not that far behind.

And there's one more thing that makes the first week of school hard. Memories.

Memories of the day I was miscarrying Angel but went into work anyway. Not realizing how agonizing the physical and emotional pain would be.

That was a hard day.

And here I am, six years later. Remembering.

Remembering that day. Remembering the loss. Remembering the sadness.

Remembering you, Angel.

I'll never forget you.

Tell Diana, Christian, and Jen that your mommy sends her love and eagerly awaits when we can all worship Jesus together.

Until then, praise Him, sweet one. Praise Him!

Today's forget-me-not: Angel


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment