Win Win

Last Saturday, Chick-fil-A sponsored a race to benefit education and special olympics in our county.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get to run this race. My hubby also wanted to run it, so I tried to find a babysitter so we could go enjoy the race together, but that didn't work out. Since someone was going to have to stay home with the kids, I was gonna sit this one out so hubby could go, but then my awesome, selfless, and giving husband said I could run it! And then I caught a nasty stomach bug. But praise the Lord, the day before the race found me feeling much better, and I got to enjoy the day with some of my favorite running buddies!!!

Pre-run selfie with running buddies Jordan, Jaimee, Bruce and Pamm!
It was a hot day, but, in my humble opinion, this GREAT course will always be worth the run. It is almost entirely flat, and it takes place inside two connecting parks - beautiful parks! The only elevation runners experience is when they go over an awesome bridge. #win

It was just that, a winning day. My run felt great despite the fact that my running time of 36:32 isn't my best for this course, and I also won a free three month membership to a nearby gym complete with access to a personal trainer!

My buddies were winners too! Jordan improved her 5K time, Jaimee's school (she's a teacher) won $1,500 in prize money, Bruce placed second in his age group, and Pamm ran a race for the first time in a long time (way to jump back out there!).

That's how you score a win. You take a chance. Put yourself on the line. And when you hear the gun go off, run. And keep on running. Never hold back. Have faith. Stay the course. And ultimately, child of God, you win.

With Jesus, we always win.

Today's forget-me-not: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No. I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment