Summer Lovin'

Hi!

(((Jamie waving like crazy at her readers)))

I know. I know. I've been gone for awhile. 

Where have I been? What have I been doing?

Well, long story short, and metaphorically speaking... I got lost on a rocky trail run.

Let that one sink in a minute.

How did I get lost?

Well, putting the metaphor aside, speaking plainly now... My priorities got out of wack.

I took a wrong turn somewhere on my run...

Oops. There I go with the metaphor again.

Suffice it to say, I am back, and I think I am on the way to setting myself up for a much better 2019-2020. (Remember, I am a teacher. We think in terms of school years. Go with me here.)

Summer has afforded me time to think about what TRULY matters, and I know I have to put those things first.

My Jesus and my family, they HAVE TO be first in my life. In making these my priorities, I make ME a priority. They are my heart. My everything. 

I got so caught up in things that matter but don't TRULY matter, I lost myself. 

I all but stopped running. I have not run a race since last August's Chick-fil-A Moo've It 5K

I have run some on my treadmill, but not much.

So I am here, back on my beloved blog, to make a running commitment to myself. Asking all who have chosen to read this to help keep me accountable to this pledge.

Starting with this year's Chick-fil-A Moo've It 5K in August (fitting, yes?), I will run a race every month from now until I complete a half marathon. 

Half marathon?

Yes. I said, half marathon. That is 13.1 miles. Something I have never done before.

Am I crazy? Well, as the running joke goes, yes. But only half crazy.

In all seriousness though, I need this. I have missed running. I have missed blogging about running. This is important to me. I feel called back to it.

So as the countdown to the end of my summer has begun (15 more days before teachers report back to work), I find myself feeling extremely optimistic about the upcoming school year and this next season in my life.

Thank you, summer, for giving me time to reflect on where I have gone wrong and how to get back on track.

Here's to keeping my priorities straight! Gotta love summer!

Anyone want to join me in this new running endeavor?!  


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment