Happy New Year!

I hear people make statements like, "I can't wait for things to get back to normal."

And I wonder, "Was 'normal' really that great? Should we want to return to that?"

I would suggest that the answer to those questions is a resounding NO.

In my life, the Lord has used 2020 to make some pretty intense revelations. About everything. 

What has He shown you?

When I take the time to fix my eyes on Jesus, He shows me things in my life that need to change. And that's just about everything.

This should not come as a shock because Colossians 3:10 teaches that our new self is constantly "being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."

We are a work in progress.

For 2021, the Lord has given me this verse: Isaiah 43:18-19 "Do not remember the past events, pay no attention to things of old. Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert."

It's exciting, truly, to see what He is going to do. Something new. Not a return to something old. We are constantly being renewed, and I am ready for new! For His glory!

I don't want to go back to the way things were. It can be better. Jesus makes things better. 

Watch for it. Embrace it. Get excited for 2021!

~~~

If you or your family is currently experiencing hardship due to Covid-19 or something else, I fully acknowledge that, for you and yours, getting excited for 2021 is not feasible. Have faith that joy will come again one day (Psalm 30), and until then, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment