WW Wednesday

So, I'm 26 days post baby, post c-section, post prego.  It's time to start thinking about weight loss!

And not just thinking about weight loss, really, but I need to make a plan to get my energy back.

I know - I'm still recovering from major surgery, so I'm not going to be doing any exercise videos or any classes at the local YMCA.  At least, I won't until my doctor clears me on Aug. 16th. ;-) However, I'm a planner, and that means I need to start making plans to lose this weight and get healthy!

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body." (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

It's time to stop shoveling into my mouth anything and everything I want.  I've been on a "seefood" diet - get it? - It goes like this... if I "see" food, I eat it.  LOL!

Anyway, that kind of regular diet does not honor my body and therefore does not honor God.  So, it must stop. right. now.  That alone should help me shed a few pounds.

I've found, in the past, when I honor my body with what I put into it - portion control mostly - then I feel better!  When I feel better, my whole outlook on life changes. I have a new energy!  I think it's that I'm more in tune with the Holy Spirit - once the layers of fat have been peeled away from my temple ;-)

Anyway, um, what was I here to write about?.... oh yeah!  A weight loss plan!

1. Stop the "seefood" diet.
2. Next grocery store visit, start buying healthy.  i.e. healthy/low calorie snacks
3. Start taking B12 and multi-vitamin.  (I was low on my B12 last time I had it checked, and since pregnancy really sucks that out of you, I need to resume my B12 regimen, I think.
4. Buy new WW program! Either online program or the real deal home package.  Haven't decided.
5. Start walking at YMCA with baby.  They have an indoor track I can stroll her around on instead of outside in the current heat wave!  Anyway, no exercise till I'm cleared by my doctor. 

I think that's good, and for now, I'll make Wednesdays my weigh in days. 

Today, I am 173.6 pounds.  8-3-11

A healthy weight for my age and height is 120-150 pounds, so I'm going to aim for 140.  If I aim there, I will likely fluctuate between 140 -145, and I'll be happy.  So, that means I need to lose, as of right now, 34 pounds.

I'm hoping to get my husband involved in this too.  Last time I did weight watchers, he lost A LOT of weight.  It's amazing to look at the pictures of him then and now.  Whoa!  Not that he's really overweight now, but he clearly is moving in the wrong direction.  Heck, me too!  Time to change that!!

I need to start looking for some new recipes too.  Add that to my to-do list.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. what a great plan! I have been "saying" this since I had A. & got settled in to Mommyhood, and not too much has happened. You are inspiring, and I think now's a good time to join you in the weight loss mission :) Thank you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete