Top 5 Reasons to Run The Color Run

This past Saturday, I ran The Color Run for the FOURTH time. Can I tell you something? I LOVE THIS RACE!

You have to register for The Color Run! Now, I know some of you may be thinking, "Jamie, I'm not a runner!" But, this is still something you can participate in.  Truly, it's not really a race you go to run. It's an event you go to enjoy. Seriously, everyone needs to try this at least once.

Here are the top five reasons you - and your friends and family with you - should experience The Color Run:

5. It's the happiest 5K on the planet!


This is the 5K for everyone! It's the best, and no lie, it is the happiest 5K on the planet! It is impossible to be sad while walking/running this course. So if you've had the blues lately, go sign up. Running through all the color, jammin to the awesome music playing, and watching everyone be stupid silly is sure to give you that pick up you've been looking for :-)



4. Swag! 

Check out everything that comes with your race registration!
Headband, tattoos, t-shirt, AND finisher medal!


Check out the HAPPY tattoos!

















3. Color!

The 3.1 miles that is The Color Run have five color stations you travel through. The color is in powder form, and there are people who squirt the powdered color at you from what looks like ketchup bottles.  It's so much fun! I love to slowly walk through these stations as I twirl around in front of the color squirters which ensures I get maximum color coverage for my clothing.  I just love all the color!


2. Time to be silly!

Sometimes, you just have to let loose. Life can just be such a downer, so you need to find times to just let your hair down and have fun! Be silly! The Color Run is the perfect time to do this!



1. Fun time with family and friends!

The number one reason to run The Color Run is to spend some quality time with your family and friends. I first ran this race with my husband, and that's when I fell in love with it. Since then, I've taken my daughter and my bestie with me, and anyone else I can fit in the car who wants to come along :-) I never regret the hour and half drive to this event, and I always look forward to the next year to create new memories. I can't speak too highly of this race. Just don't knock it till you try it!

Today's forget-me-not: Color Run memories...


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment