Long Overdue Race Updates and Happy Thanksgiving

Long time no...blog posts. 😮

You know how the story goes. Life got busy, and I just forgot to write about my September and October 5Ks. 

And that is no Bueno!

So here is the race I ran in September: The 5K Express. 

 

This race was the third out of four races in a series I am running to complete my medals train in this "locomotive" race series.


I initially delayed writing about this race until my medal came in the mail. Due to a shipping delay, they did not have the medals available on the day of the race, and I didn't want to write the post until I could take the above pic. So, I blame the tardiness of this post on USPS.

My October race was an event I have run previously: The Smile Run.

Always a good time, this race is in the memory of a sweet little boy, Christian, the son of the children's pastor of my church.

This year, I ran it with a new 2021 running chica who is planning on running the Disney Princess 10K with a group of ladies and myself this upcoming February. 


Give it up for, Bekah!

My Strava stats say we ran this in 42:52 with a pace of 13:28. And that's about as good as I can muster these days.

Running, right now, is simply about moving. 2020 was the year of rest - sitting at home. 2021 has been about moving again. 

I don't know if I'll ever get back to running times in the 30s, but it's okay if that never happens. I just want to keep moving. Keep running the races before me.

As Thanksgiving approaches, I think it's important to be grateful that the good Lord has given us the time we have. So many lives have been cut short these past years.

Yet, we are still here. To God be the glory. And when it's not, may He take us home to be with Him. 

Until then, keep running "with perseverance the race marked out before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith." (Hebrews 12: 1-2)


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment