LOCOMOTIVE SERIES 5K - The Final Race

I finally accomplished what I set out to do back in May: complete the 2021 Locomotive Race Series Challenge.


I ran the four 5Ks in this series and secured each of their race medals which then joined together to form the above train. 

Bling! I'm in love!

I signed up for this challenge as a way to keep me running. I have not been running as consistently as I would like to be running, and I knew I would need this - the desire to secure all four medals - to keep me motivated to get out there an MOVE!

And I was right to assume I would need this motivation. I had not run regularly in a month before this race. I thought my time for this event would be pretty pathetic, but it turned out to be comparable to my other most recent 5Ks. Just a couple minutes slower.


At the end of the day, I'm glad I got out there in the cold and ran the race set before me.


I woke that morning, warm in my bed, and really REALLY did not want to get out and run in the cold. But I pushed through that mental road block and got my lazy butt to the race.

Sometimes, that's how you have to do it. Some days, that's how you make it through.

Just move! You won't regret it!

And there is my word for 2022 - MOVE!


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment